Re: Fw: Fw: Back for now..setting valve lash

To: Bushwacker4@prodigy.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Fw: Back for now..setting valve lash
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 23:41:09 EDT
In a message dated 6/10/2001 8:56:43 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Bushwacker4@prodigy.net writes:

> Wouldn't the parts expand when heated? The clearance would then diminish a
> little, right?

       We always set old straight six chevys while they were running.  I even
had a valve cover with a wide slot cut in the top to use to cut down onthe
oil splash.

ANyone ever set MGs like this.  Usually we'd use a feeler guage, but
sometimes only did it by ear..ease down until the clacking stopped.

RH