Re: Rust Evasion, was Fuel Miser

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rust Evasion, was Fuel Miser
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:08:22 -0400
Ron said:

"My MGBGT has a "Rust Evader" installed.  This was a
black box sold in the 70's that ostensibly put an ion
field in the metal to prevent oxidation.  "

Perhaps there might be a grain of science involved in this concept.
Ocean-going vessels (boats, if you are ivy-league educated) often bolt pieces
of zinc to the metal parts of the frame, because zinc has a greater propensity
to oxidize (rust, if you have an MBA) than iron.  I don't see why the same
concept couldn't be applied to LBCs, but in order to complete a circuit, the
car has to be connected to ground.  So perhaps affixing zinc to the frame, and
then, when the car is parked somewhere, hook up a wire to a metal rod affixed
to the ground.  Pretty wierd, does anyone know why it wouldn't work?

Regards,

Charles
cdsorkin@cdsorkin.com