Re: Valve lash

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve lash
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 08:07:44 -0700
I well remember setting valves on cars with the motor warmed up and idling.
I do it cold these days as recommended, but had no real trouble setting them
warm and running.  As I recall, the problem was that over time the feeler
would be thinned a bit by the constant peening it would get being used this
way.  Soon .012 was .010 and looking a bit tortured.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)