Stupid owner tricks

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Stupid owner tricks
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 21:02:45 -0400
Hello sprid,

  I was trying to tune my Midget tonight and I could not get it to run
worth a damn.   Sounded like a sick diesel with bad farts.  Spent
about 2 hours checking and re-checking things and could not find what
was wrong.  I checked the plugs and the firing order for a third time
and it was correct, 1-3-4-2.  I get to thinking and I remove the
distributor cap and try to start the car.  The god @#$%@ rotor goes
anti-clockwise, not clockwise.  The wires would have been correct if
the rotor clockwise.  I reversed the 3-4 wires and
the car started right up.  I now have a few other problems, but one
thing at a time.  Now to replace the bolts holding the throttle shafts
together.  The nuts are not really 5/16, 3/8 or even 11/32.  Seems
closest to 8mm.  I swear the damn things are not the same size across
any two flats.  I will replace them with 2 5/16 nuts ASAP.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net