Re: *@&$*@%*!^$ Crank Nut

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: *@&$*@%*!^$ Crank Nut
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 01:38:49 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, judson@autox.team.net
It's finally off!  Tried both methods mentioned below with no success.  Had
the car in 4th gear with the emergency brake on and the rear wheels chocked,
the crank shaft still turned because the clutch was slipping!  I went over
to APT (about 5 minutes away) and talked to David Anton while I was trying
to buy a new clutch kit for what I thought to be a bad clutch.  David
explained that the engine only puts 35-40 ft lbs on the clutch and my
breaker bar must have been closer to 200 ft lbs!  No wonder it slipped.  Got
tired of messing with it and broke out the impact gun, removed the motor
mount bolts and the exhaust and jacked up the engine. It came right off as
if to say, "why didn't you try this first?"  Supercharger's in and halfway
hooked up.  Only problem I can see now is the oiler location.  Apparently
the later oiler mounting bracket at the bottom of the oiler is wider than
the original oiler.  Can't get it mounted in the correct position so bonnet
will not contact it. Will tackle this problem tomorrow.  Hopefully fully
installed by tomorrow early evening for a test run when it cools off aroung
here.  Will take pictures and post to photo hosting site soon.
Mike MacLean-Blown 60 Sprite