Re: Clutch master cylinder removal

To: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch master cylinder removal
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 21:12:57 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill Gilroy wrote:

> Subject says it all.  The only way I can see to remove the bottom
> bolt that holds the clutch master cylinder to the pedal box is to
> unbolt the pedal box and get access from the bottom with an open end
> wrench.  I think that is what what Haynes means by remove the two
> bolts holding the master cylinder to the pedal box :-)
>
> Anyone have an easier way?  BTW, this is on a 1500 Midget.

Bill

With some patients and a 1/4" drive socket set, maybe some needle nose
pliers, you can remove the clutch master.
I have done it with out removing the pedal box.
BUT....if you DO remove the box, weld the nuts on so the next time you
have to do it, it's a piece of cake.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ