new slave cylinder?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: new slave cylinder?
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:29:41 -0000
delrin or nylon would not hold up under pressure and mushroom or give way to
the push rod's end over time, under pressure.   ever try doing what was
recomended by girling and i think lockheed ?  using rubber grease and
packing the push rod boot with the grease?  rubber friendly and lubricates
the piston in the bore and prevents any dirt from entering the bore leading
to abrasive action in bore.  that boot is not as dirt / dist / water tight
as you may think.  it distorts through the action of the clutch aplication
and release.  and it faces forward too.  a regular bottom of the car dirt
collector.  just food for thought.   oh yeah, new does not always mean new
as in produced yesterday either.    it may be new to you and come from a
manufacturer's package but, some of the stuff we get is old shelf stock and
some times subject to humidity and poor storage before it arrives at our
homes for use on our cars.  this at times can lead to a short life span in
use on our cars.   hydraulic components are very finicky  items and require
cautious handling and storage prior to being put into service.

chuck.
hey! it must be time for me to crawl back under the big rock i came out from
under!