Locking brakes

Subject: Locking brakes
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:12:17 +0200
My brakes on the right h. back wheels of my 59 Frogeye locks on.

I have now been strugling and cheqing almost every thinkable
cause.
After a few brakings the brakes on my back wheels, well
mostley just the right h. but also slightly on the other back whhel
locks on.
The adjusting screw on the brake shoes are adjusted right back,
the handbrake are not functioning at the moment (waiting for a new
cable) dismanteled the wheel cylinder yesterday, looks ok, piston
moves freely, the shoe springs are ok.
I suspect that the wheel cylinder does not move fully back after
a braking, after several brakings it locks in "on" position. Next
morning the wheel moves freely again.
What can be causing this, if the master cylinder bypass port was
restricted wouldn't this affect all wheels.
The brakepedal free play is ok.
Anybody come across this problem before!
Jens

Jens P. Maudal jens.maudal@c2i.net
Greetings from "BottomsUp Brewery"
Drammen  -  Norway