Re: Locking brakes

To: Jens.maudal@c2i.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Locking brakes
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:24:52 EDT
In a message dated 6/22/01 4:09:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Jens.maudal@c2i.net writes:

> I suspect that the wheel cylinder does not move fully back after
> a braking, after several brakings it locks in "on" position. Next
> morning the wheel moves freely again.
> What can be causing this, if the master cylinder bypass port was
> restricted wouldn't this affect all wheels.
> The brakepedal free play is ok.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Replace your flex hose from the brake pipe to the T on the rear axle.  When
the flex hose goes bad, sometimes it will allow pressure to flow to the
brakes, but it collapses inside and won't let the pressure out again.  That
can cause this condition.  Since you have to bleed the brakes after changing
the flex hoses, it is a good time to replace the brake fluid too.  Did I
mention that if the flex hoses were all installed at the same time, they
should all be replaced at the same time?

Safety Fast!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget