Re: Newbie question

To: Jens.maudal@c2i.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbie question
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:46:35 EDT
In a message dated 6/26/01 4:07:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Jens.maudal@c2i.net writes:

> My 59 frogeye has 2 pancace type airfilters, looks like
> the "Burgess type filters".
> I am wondering what should go inside them, the stuff inside
> now looks like some old and dry rubberfoam.
> Is it possible to use paper filters elements here like the
> K&N type filters.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You can probably get K&N air filters that will fit.  Go to
http://www.knfilters.com  and check out the specs.  If you can't find it,
send them an e-mail with the measurements of the old filter and they will let
you know.

BTW, K&N filters are not paper.  They are made of a reusable cotton fabric.
You just wash them and re-oil them once a year.  IMO, a very good investment.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport