Re: Bleeding my clutch AKA what not to do

To: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@mediaone.net>, "Evangelos G. Makris" <egmakris@otenet.gr>
Subject: Re: Bleeding my clutch AKA what not to do
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 15:54:38 -0700
Cc: "Spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Spridgeteers -

When I removed my clutch slave cylinder last week, it ended hanging
straight down from the flex hose.  That reminded me of my experience
re-assembling the front disk brake system on my Harley FX.  Since the
caliper (cylinder) was approximately straight down from the master cylinder
mounted on the bar, I just topped up the MC and tapped the line and caliper
to get the bubbles out.  Did not use the bleed fitting.  After setting for
a couple of hours with occasional tapping, I put the lid back on the MC,
and had a hard brake.  Can anyone think of a reason why this wouldn't work
on the Sprite clutch slave?

Clay L.
'67 Sprite