Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#592873029: MG Midget A/H Spri

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#592873029: MG Midget A/H Sprite Ne...
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:51:53 EDT
In a message dated 7/5/01 11:57:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Would someone please enlighten me as to the reason why these vent windows
carry such a value? This is the second time these have reached such a final
price on ebay. Complete doors including these parts are a dime a dozen.
What's the big deal about these parts? >>

Jay

I just looked at the parts and my guess is that they are NOS (New Old Stock)
and as such if stored well are in good enough condition to install as is.
Figure in the cost of buying used doors and then stripping down the windows
and sending them off to a good chrome plater and then all new rubber, misc.
parts, plus assembly time etc... and the $300.00 price may not look so bad.
Just my humble opinion.

Curt Arndt
Carlsbad, CA
'55 BN1, '60 AN5