Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#592873029: MG MidgetA/H Spri

To: Rick Fisk <rickfisk@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#592873029: MG MidgetA/H Sprite New Vent Window Pair
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 16:00:13 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Rick Fisk wrote:
> Could be those bidders live in a part of the country where those "dime a
> dozen" doors are as scarce as hen's teeth.

  I would never pay $300 for a set, but they were brand new
weren't they? If you wanted your car to be perfect, it might
be the only way to get flawlessly shiny vent windows.

  You'd spend that kind of money getting the chrome on your
car up to scratch...

> Is it called having a "shill" in the bidding audience?

  Everybody loves a conspiracy theory, but a shill can't
make somebody pay more than they want for an item. Even
if there was shilling involved, at least SOMEBODY
thought it was worth hundreds of dollars.

  I wish I knew them, I have a half dozen in the
basement.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca