Question on Hood Hinges

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question on Hood Hinges
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 13:02:25 -0400
Folks,

I've got a rattle on my '65 that I'm trying to troubleshoot - it's coming
from the passenger side hood hinge where it mounts to the body (no rattle
when a passenger holds down the back corner of the hood).  I only get it
when hitting bumps.  I've been up under the dash, and the through bolt is
tight.  I'm wondering if there is a spacer between the two sides of the
hinge that the bolt passes through - if so that spacer could be worn.  The
only other (and probably more likely) possibility is that there is no spacer
and the hinge itself has worn where the bolt goes through it.  Can anyone
shed any light on how it's put together?

Thanks.

Skip Tannen
'65 Austin Healey Sprite
'92 Range Rover LSE