LBC content! whattaweekend!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC content! whattaweekend!
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:55:44 -0000
well it's monday morning and i still feel like allen's car hates me , or it
is just repair resistant.    this weekend we(larry, kevin and his son, allen
and myself) gathered here at my home to rebuild allen's midget's front
suspension and finish dismantling and sanding larry's car for a fresh coat
of brooklands green.  allen's car decided it did not want any part of having
anything removed from it's front suspension!  hammers (frank we tried all
sizes!) air chisel nothing!  so it was time to bring out the torch and after
a serious explanation to the car about co-operating with us things came
apart.  then it became evident that a DPO had previously rebuilt the front
end and not only botched a few pieces but omitted a few too!  kevin came to
the rescue with some great spares and it even required a trip to south
jersey to visit frank on sunday morning for a darn servicable controll arm!
a simple front end rebuild turned out to be a major pain in the ...well you
know what!  but by sunday's end allen test drove his car and plesantly
rewarded with a car that handles wonderfully (thanks to peter c's shocks!
and parts).   with the red car done,  the green car was getting some serious
attention in the sanding and dismantling department!  the only thing left on
the car to mask off were 2 wing windows, 2 door handles and 2 lock cylinders
and 1 headlight!    last night it was primed and this morning i find a few
more things that required attention.  soooooo  a little more work and it
will get those spots re-primed and it will be ready for color.  the car is
up on 4 jack stands all masked off and almost ready to be
painted....possibly later today or tomorrow!   evrything is finally coming
together and quite plesantly i might add!

chuck.
it was a little like the weekend at amy's but tackling 2 cars at once
instead of one!  quite an experience!   ya-know!  those suspension bushings
burn real nice once you get them going!  lol! ...........  c.   :)   now
where did i put my roller and paint tray?   he-he-he!