Running hot still and rubbing my tires.....

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Running hot still and rubbing my tires.....
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 11:10:11 -0400
All,

The law of the house this week was "Don't bother Mike on Sunday.  He has work
to do."  As usual,  no-one paid any mind.  So in-between doing things for
everyone (neighbor, fianci, mother, another neighbor), I got to install the oil
cooler,  and that Spridget lowering kit that Mo$$ offers for the front end.

I'm still having overheating problems, even with the cooler.  The 1500 is
running about 200 degrees.  Any thoughts on what the hell I need to do to get
the temp down?

I have a 3 row (3/8 thick tube) radiator.  Louvered fin, not staggered.
Mechanical fan from a '74 spitfire and matching water pump.
new hoses (thanks peter)
now an oil cooler (13 row)
timing is 10 BTDC at 2K RPM
a little Palmolive in the 75/25 water coolant mix

I'm at a loss, and with only two weeks till the rally in PA.  The engine's 30
over, with a 285 cam and dual HS4s.

ALSO:

Now that I've installed the 1/2 inch lowering kit,  the front end sits real
nice.  Only hard right turns cause the driver's side front tire to hit the
fender.  Since fender flaring isn't an option on my budget,  I thought smaller
tires might do the trick.  I currently have Michelin X-Metric 155/R13's on the
car that I've been happy with (and which still have plenty of meat).  I'd like
something a little wider, and with a lower profile that I can mount on my stock
Rostyles.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Graz