Re: Thank God for steel 9 Jul 2001 20:51:10 -0600

To: patricia.sauthoff@Colorado.EDU (Trisha)
Subject: Re: Thank God for steel 9 Jul 2001 20:51:10 -0600
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 04:42:08 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net (spidgets)
Trish in Colorado!

(Were you able to help the other fellow's
son a week or so ago?)

Sorry about your Frog, Trish. Had a  '67
Sprite I was "doing" with a Frogeye bonnet and Judson get hit same way
by
large truck on New England Thruway
a year and a half ago.  Same deal only
truck spun me across all 3 lanes (between
on coming cars!) to hit energy absorbing
divider!  Walked away with health, all
"innards" of crushed Sprite and insurance
check (other driver got summons) so
aquired my current Frogeye.

Amazing strength in unibody construction;
Sprite took two heavy "hits" and looked
only slightly damaged but, floor crushed
in, side to side.

In my case, went to hospital to x-ray
shoulder and back and may have suffered
concussion. This could bring career as
pilot to a "standstill", of course.

Got better as "fair" insurance settlement
came my way. Didn't want to make money, just wanted to be made "whole"
for that invested in Sprite by receipt.

Hope you make out fairly and squarely;
glad you are OK!

Capt. Bob