Re: Front Crank Seal

To: David Brackman <begowest@telus.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Crank Seal
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:13:13 -0700
David,

Overfilling that little would make no difference as far as the leak. The
most likely possibility is that the oil thrower was not replaced behind the
seal. It's like a large washer on the end of the crank. It also goes on in
one direction, usually indicated by a stamped "F" (for front). If it was
reversed it would probaly be noisey, but would still not leak. The other
possibility is that the seal was torn or not seated completely when
installed.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -