Re: Engine rebuild??

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, SDOliner@aol.com, WEricars@aol.com
Subject: Re: Engine rebuild??
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:35:59 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Having just completed a 1275 rebuild, I can tell you that determining .001
to .0025 inches (that's the end float tolerance) will be difficult with
feeler gauges. The crank will not sit at one end of the travel or the other
while you try to insert a less than paper thin gauge. The dial gauge was
the best investment I've made in a tool, even if I only used it twice.
(thank you Paul A.!) As David says, you'll need it to dial in the cam too.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints