Front Crank Seal, NOT!!!

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Crank Seal, NOT!!!
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 14:06:33 -0700
Thanks for all the reply's regarding my"leaking crank seal"  As usual it
was Frank who was right on with the diagnosis, There was indeed a crack
behind the oil separator where it is welded to the  timing cover.
really difficult to spot until I removed the rad, and used a mirror to
see underneath the canister.  Thanks to all who replied, good thing I
didn't call up the engine builder right away!.  And PLEASE note!  I am
still looking for a 1275 clutch line fitting that mates the steel line
to the rubber slave hose, This rotten little part is keeping my car off
the road!

Cheers,

David