DPO repairs

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: DPO repairs
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:02:25 -0700
I started tearing into more of the 62 Sprite. I pulled the rear wheels to
adjust the shoes (handbrake doesn't work) and decided to pull the drums to
take a peek. I found what Paul A. suspected when he drove the car. The right
rear shoes are oil soaked. Now instead of adjusting the brakes I'm
replacing/renewing seals and brake shoes. Should I replace bearings as well?
While I'm in there I'm going to replace the handbrake cable too. I also
noticed the radius arm bushings are a bit worn (translation: they're not
falling out). I have the arms off HRBYTOY so I may put new bushings in them
and just do a swap.

By the way, I bolted the 45DCOE back on and adjusted the timing (with a
light this time!) and put back to stock and it runs pretty decent. I had
retarded it by sound and it was WAY retarded. It's still a real pig when
cold but once it warms up it goes like h**l!

I also noticed that I'm having the same problem with my clutch that somebody
(Mike M.?) had. When I push in the pedal the rpms' drop slightly, not so
much that it dies or anything just a noticeable drop. What was the
fix/diagnosis?

Herby
64 MK II Sprite - HRBYTOY (under construction/de-construction)
62 MK II Sprite - HRBYTOY2? (My new driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com