Re: DPO repairs

To: BILL <billh@aaai.com>
Subject: Re: DPO repairs
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:54:50 -0700
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bill,
     Gerard was the one that correctly diagnosed the rpm drop/clutch problem.  I
had recently rebuilt the master cylinder due to a leak because of a cheap rubber
kit.  When I reassembled the master cylinder in the mounting tray I apparently
adjusted the throw of the rod into the MC incorrectly.  After backing off on the
adjustment stop bolt and nuts, very little rpm drop.  MUST be 5/32nds free play
at the pedal before the pushrod begins to move into the MC.  I actually found I
had to put a little more free play to eliminate the rpm drop.  Clutch still
works
fine.
Mike MacLean Supercharged 60 Sprite