head studs

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: head studs
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:42:32 -0000
as i remember it , the good head studs were the ones with a dimple or a sort
of center punch indentation in the center of the end of the stud.   hmmm, i
have a new set of hardened studs and hardware sitting here but have never
taken the time to install them.   (plus a couple of the real coopper "S"
copper head gaskets too)  after 23 years my 1275 is starting to use oil .  i
figure i need to do a serious rebuild this winter to cut down on the amount
of mosquitoes i'm killing with it.  lol!  but it still runs like a raped
ape!   a very loose motor never bothered me...it's the tight ones that
either eventually break in or sieze that worry me.

chuck.