evil forces at work

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: evil forces at work
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:28:50 -0500
Hey Y'all,

Good new, bad news, etc.

It appears that evil forces have conspired against me behind the scenes,
and I will not be race ready for the BRIC.

The 1275 race motor I got with the car... well, it's crankshaft is FUBAR.
Elmo's come up with one (maybe), so it'll get done, just not in time for
the weekend.

The Red Rat's motor was dissected, and as suspected, the knock was serious.
#4 con rod was toast... didn't spin, but sure rattled around. #3 rod
bearing has a serious gouge. Both were caused by the brass restrictor plug
backing out.

This motor's had 5+ seasons of hard livin'. The interesting thing is all
other bearing surfaces... main & 1 & 2 rods were beautiful... a testament
to the lubricating power of Redline oil. And, the crank still looks damn
good too.

I remember Fitz (Otis Campbell) having a similar issue with the brass
restrictors backing out. Seems weird to happen so long after a rebuild. Any
thoughts on pulling the brass, taping the crank, and using a locktite'd
allen screw drilled out in the center to the appropriate size.???

Any other ideas?

Flounder