Re: ribcase info

To: "shelden" <shelden3@pldi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ribcase info
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:30:45 -0700
First thing is to remove the side cover and check spacing of the baulk
rings. If I remember correctly, you should have between .015 and .040 when
the ring is fully engaged against the gear. The more the better. If you
have less than that, the synchros will not slow the gear down enough and
will grind. Second is usually the worst of the three. It's not the only
potential problem, but will give you an idea of wear.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints