Happy Birthday to My Midget!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Happy Birthday to My Midget!
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 00:39:16 EDT
Hi Gang,    I celebrated my Midget's 40th birthday today.  Its birth
certificate says it was built between the 10th and 21st of July, 1961, and
was shipped on July 22, 1961.   My girlfriend and I took it on a fairly long
drive today.  The weather was beautiful and the car ran great.   I have owned
it since Dec. '63.  It seemed to enjoy its birthday.
      Also today when I went to get the Midget from its garage across town,
I noticed some rodent activity under the bonnet.   This I find odd, because I
have been putting socks filled with mothballs near the fuse box and other
wiring areas since last fall.  I saw no signs of rodents all winter.    Now I
noted that the simple mice had been chewing on the socks that contain the
moth balls!!    I used this setup from advice from someone on the list.  Why
would they start now, and why isn't the smell keeping them away?
      This afternoon I got out the heavy artillery and put out rat and mouse
baits to further discourage them from playing in the engine compartment.

Russ Mullaly
Ellicott City,MD
1962 Midget (built in '61, but titled as a '62)