Re: Virus

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Virus
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:15:21 -0400
The subject line isn't a result of any malicious action by a lister.
It's a function of hte way the virus (actually, it's technically a
"worm") operates.  It pulls a random subjct line from an existing
e-mail, and uses that as the subject of the outgoing message, and the
name of the "payload" attachment.

Jeremiah is certainly unaware that he's propagating the worm, since it
will be operating in the background anytime he's online.  Would someone
who knows him please give him a yell to get his system cleaned up?

Chris K.

Fisher & Elizabeth Jones wrote:

> Afternoon everyone.
>
>          I received a telephone call this morning from a friend who had
> received an infected message in his own e-mail this morning.  He advised me
> of the sender's name and warned that I should look for a message from him.
<SNIP