Re: Remember Blue smoke?

To: "Rick & Carolyn" <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Subject: Re: Remember Blue smoke?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:53:09 +0100
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Rick,
Thanks for useful suggestion.
It is a 1275, recently rebuilt, rebored etc.
I puzzle over this PCV valve thing. My car dosn't appear to have any
sort of valve or diaphram as such.
Just a hose from a canister on the timing chain cover, which connects
directly to a Y - branch, and then to conectors on the SU carbs.
I have wondered if there is something missing (car built from a "box
of bits!")

I unsderstand about this maintaining a negative crank case pressure to
reduce oil leaks, but there dosn;t seem to be anything to adjust the
suction of oil from the crank case.

Guy