Re: Remember Blue smoke?

To: "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Remember Blue smoke?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 02:20:59 +0100
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Cylinder head is a re-conditioned one supplied for use with lead-free
petrol, recently fitted.
Blue smoke problem existed before I swapped heads (!!)
but....
I am thinking that this head was supplied to me with new valve guides
and valve seats, but re-used, not new valves. Valve stems are supposed
to be "within tollerance" !!!

Yes it has the proper valve seals on the inlet valve stems, not just
the "O" ring type, but the little rubber caps with the spring collar.

PCV is as photo 34.1 in Haynes manual, page 98

Would using an old Oil filler cap be the culprit? Maybe the vent there
is blocked, creating excessive crank case vacuum?

Guy
Got to get this fixed, I want to tour Scotland next week in this car,
but not the way it is at present!