Re: Remember Blue smoke?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Remember Blue smoke?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:30:18 +0100
Crash,
I checked this out as you suggested
(I like the logic of checking the free things that are easy to get at
first!!)
Sure enough, lots of oil, I mean lots and lots of oil!
I had left the cork gasket on the top of the head and it took less
than 60 seconds to fill up the head and overflow the top of the gasket
"dam" at a fast idle (about 1200rpm). Oil was coming out of the rocker
bushes faster than it would drain down the pushrod holes.
The oil level was well up around the top of the guides so I think you
have hit on the problem.
Maybe I need new valves too, but first a new rocker shaft etc.

Thanks, I'm impressed!

Guy