Re: Re[2]: MG running rough

To: "Bill Gilroy" <w.gilroy@verizon.net>, "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: MG running rough
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:56:03 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I've been using just that...the Purolator dead head
regulators. ...round, one big dial.
...got 'em on my Midget, MGBGT and even my Spitfire
(which has a mechanical pump.)

J.C. Whitney has them at a good price. I usually
buy them 2,3 at a time.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=14824
ignore the casting numbers. They are not direct LBS
settings. Use a gauge to set it.

With a pressure gauge on the carb side of the pump
I've seen the standard elec MG pump put out 1.5lbs
and as much as 6 lbs.  It all depends on the
condition of one spring inside the pump.

Before setting the regulators (on most SU's I've
found 2lbs (3lbs max) works best almost across
...at least in my experience.)
I like to check the min/max pressure the pump is putting out
and then set it at a max of about 2.5 lbs. steady reading.