Re: Tire pressure monitors (No LBC)

To: davriker@pacbell.net, Ajhsys@aol.com, kmr@pil.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire pressure monitors (No LBC)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:50:09 EDT
In a message dated 8/1/01 9:55:24 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
davriker@pacbell.net writes:

> Tire pressure monitors are available as a part of the "Safety and Security
> Package" on 2001 Ford Windstars.  You first must manually check the tire
> pressure to insure that it is correct, then you press a button on the
> dashboard to allow the sensors to learn the correct pressure.  They then
> alert the driver if the pressure drops in any tire by more than a few PSI.
> Mid year, they will be standard on 2002 Explorers.

Ahhhh...I see the plot for a TV murder mystery here.  Let air out of tires,
or puncture for slow leak...reset monitor for 10lbs pressure...

Or let air out down to 5 lbs...reset monitor...air tire back up...owner sees
overinflation indicated and since he is too stupid to check his own pressure,
lowers TP back down to 5lbs. so nice warning light goes out....

Crashamundo!  Would it be Ford or Firestones fault?

RH

..7/5 of todays students do not understand fractions and 43% of all
statistics are useless...