Re: Oregon Trip, Rendevous 2001

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oregon Trip, Rendevous 2001
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 23:12:35 -0700
Weeeeeeeee're back!
Wonderful trip.

Great "midnight drive of the crazy four" led by WFO's son Dustin on
Thursday nite after dinner with a bunch of Healey people!   I figured we
needed someone going ahead of us yelling "The British are coming!!".
I was terrified 1/2 of the time; I think Sandy Miller dismantled their
Sprite dash; Carolyn hasn't said anything so she either loved it or was too
terrified to talk afterwards!  Dustin is a superb driver and an asset to
Spridgeteers everywhere (and other auto owners).  Herb must have nerves of
steel in addition to great faith in Dustin.  Herb is a great guy, for those
who haven't had the pleasure of meeting him yet.

Marvelous drive on Friday between Redding and Eureka!!  Great road.  More
detail after sleep.  Great Spridget road.

We got up at 5:30 a.m. today (yes, I REALLY did get up and out of the motel
before 6 a.m.)    and drove an hour over Hwy 36 to meet up with friends who
live out in the BOONIES -- another Great Spridget Road -- we kept getting
"road narrows" signs and yep, it did keep narrowing til a lot of the time
there wasn't even room for a line down the middle!!  A LOT of it was so
curvy there was absolutely NO straightaway in between curves!!  Perfect
Spridget Road!!!!  Fun drive.   Anyway, after meeting them it was another
half hour up to Ruth Lake where they were having a Summer
Festival.  Pancakes and ham and coffee breakfast in the campground by the
lake.  The lake is 9 miles long and superb looking.  Dammed and
hydroelectric and all that....... David can explain all that.  We visited
for over two hours and then had another hour and half drive back down to
Fortuna area and on to Scotia for lunch and tour of the town (so to speak)
-- Great little logging town.  Highly recommend.  So we didn't actually get
started home until about 1 p.m.  -- stopped and ate dinner with our
daughter and two of her girls on the way home and went by their place and
picked crookneck squash and then headed home.  Got home around 8:30 (I
think).   Made great time and loved every minute of it.

Photos soon.

Love y'all,
PeggyBear and David
peggybear2000@yahoo.com