Bugeye Bodywork (Parts needed & accelerator pedal mounting point questi

To: "Spridgets Group" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye Bodywork (Parts needed & accelerator pedal mounting point question)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 14:00:52 -0300
Spridgeteers

After a number of years of lurking on this list, I've picked up a lot of
knowledge.  I wish that I'd known just a little of it when I purchased my
Bugeye in 1988 for daily transportation during my second year of college .
The car is stock but is really showing its age (and is missing small bits that
I'll be seeking later).  (Some of you may recall meeting me in Carlisle for
Sprite Rush as I was driving from Nova Scotia to Mississippi - but not in the
Bugeye).

After a long wait (since June my bodyman has been telling me that he'd be
ready "next week" but an MGB in his shop took longer than expected), my Bugeye
is now undergoing major bodywork:  sills, rear spring hangers, floors, and
associated panels tying into these. I'm trying to keep things reasonably
original.  As we go along, I discover that I need additional parts.    I'm
seeking the following good used parts (in an effort to keep costs down):
bonnet support bar and clip and bracket on which it mounts, spring safety
latch for bonnet, bonnet hinges, LH radiator support bracket (vertical from
"frame" member), bonnet lock brackets.  Any assistance that anyone can provide
would be greatly appreciated.  I'm sure that I'll have further requests as I
progress.  I'll be in Houston, TX between Aug 14 and 18 and anyone that can
assist that's in the States may be able to send stuff to me at my hotel (this
would avoid brokering items through Canada Customs).

I had saved an e-mail by a Lister enquiring about where the accelerator pedal
mounts to the floor - I'm not sure whether an answer was provided (I missed
it).  Can anyone tell me where the pedal is supposed to mount (and how).  My
floor pans are supposed to be of good quality but there are no captive nuts
for the pedal as was suggested (and my "original" floor had been patched many
years prior to my ownership).  Perhaps this isn't a problem?  (Can the pedal
only go in one place since it's hinged?  The panel that the linkage mounts on
is intact.)

Thank you all for your assistance over the years (whether or not you were even
aware of it) and the light-hearted banter (e.g. cat humour "threads" - oops,
sorry ;).

Geoff Muttart
gmuttart@mtdc.ns.ca
Nova Scotia, Canada
AH 'Bugeye' Sprite (was a driver - now major project #1)
AH 100-Six Type BN4 (project)