Re: Ignition lock

To: "Noel, William M" <noel@BATTELLE.ORG>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition lock
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 13:59:31 -0700
Noel,

Do you know for sure that it's the tumbler and not the separate electrical
switch that not functioning? There is a small set screw facing down that
holds the electrical switch to the mechanical portion. The electrical
switch contains the spring loaded action for the starter. The mechanical
portion can be removed by  drilling a small hole is each set screw and
uring an easy out to unscrew them. You can either re-use the same bolts
(though it would be a pain to tighten them back up), but I just used hex
head replacements. Once you have the mechanism out, I would think any
competent locksmith could repair it for you.

Your alternative is to wire an ignition switch from another car, mounting
it wherever you can. You could also wire a couple toggles, one to supply
power, and a second momentary switch for the starter. This could be done
with or with a key switch.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -