Re: Auto Insurance

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Auto Insurance
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 07:29:42 -0400
I insure my lbcs as daily drivers with my regular insurance company cause I
don't want to have to worry about getting caught bending the rules.  I often
run errands with the car, and if it got hit in the parking lot at the
grocery store with collector insurance while I was in the store, I would be
SOL.  Honesty is a bit more expensive, but much less complicated.

Before they will insure it, it gets a normal safety check ( required for any
car to be plated ) and must also be appraised for its 'value'.  If I do
anything that I feel has raised ( or lowered ) its value, I can buy another
appraisal.

I asked why it cost so much if I am the only licensed driver in the house,
and they pretty much said what you said.
- availability of parts
- you're gonna die or get maimed in that deathtrap
- higher risk of theft

Robert D.