Re: Help Insurance

To: Tom <tomstone01@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Help Insurance
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:11:22 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Tom,

This is only a preliminary response to your email.

You don't say in what state you reside, but if Allstate is covering private
passenger vehicles used-in or preparing-for competition events, they are one of
the only, if not THE only, company doing so.

I'm not an Allstate agent but I called a friend who is. His response was that
this is news to him, but he is going to get a definitive answer and call me
back.

As an aside, the competition exclusion found in Private Passenger Auto policies
in CT is very broad and excludes coverage for "Any vehicle, located inside a
facility designed for racing, for the purpose of: a. Competing in; or b.
Practicing or preparing for; any prearranged or organized racing or speed
contest."

Insurance policies are not static contracts and are changed with some regularity
in order to clarify coverage, expand coverage, or narrow or exclude coverage.
This is why it is beneficial to regularly review of one's lifestyle as it
relates to Home and Auto insurance to determine whether or not you are insured
for what you think you are insured for.

Until I receive a call back from Allstate, I can't say you are incorrect, but my
recommendation would be to read the exclusions in your current policy to
determine whether coverage applies or not.
jay fishbein
wallingford, ct