Re: Help Insurance

To: JustBrits <justbrits@home.com>
Subject: Re: Help Insurance
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:04:35 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
JustBrits wrote:

> <<You pay more if you want more miles.  >>
>
> Not with J.C.Taylor, Allen.  But you do have to tell them at your renewal
> time if you plan to exceed their ceiling of 2500 annually.  I have had
> SEVERAL years of "stated" 6000 miles.

You feeling alright today, Ed?

    I just started policies w/ JC Taylor for my 99 3/4% completed Bugeye and the
BJ8.  I had the BJ8 insured w/ American Family w/ all the other stuff around
here..  With one "classic" it is about a toss-up on costs.  With two, or more,
cars the savings is pretty great over conventional insurance.  Yes, the "limit"
is 2,500 miles but when I asked the underwriter about Lake Tahoe next year
(1,650
miles one way) he asked that I call and advise them beforehand.  He went on to
state that if there were a claim, there might be a problem due to the distance
involved from home and the obvious overage on 2,500 miles.  If they were
notified
prior to the trip, there would not be any problem, so says the underwriter.
    I had JC Taylor before and they were always easy to get along with.  There
were no claims, however, so I don't know about that end of it.  I think those
folks realize that their chances are lots better w/ "adults" driving classic
cars
as opposed to the masses driving their land yachts.  The liability is cheap and
didn't think the collision/comprehensive was bad, considering the values of the
cars involved.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO