Windscreen Seals Pt II

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f7AM34T17588
Subject: Windscreen Seals Pt II
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 18:08:07 -0400
The saga continues...

The glass shop that I used has rebuilt Spridget windscreens before.
That's why they rolled their eyes when they realized what I had brought
in.  Anyway, they got the thing apart and replaced the seals around the
glass and then the bottom seal.  But when they were trying to do the two
pillar seals, they couldn't get them in the channels.  They are
convinced the seals are improperly made (the lip is too wide) and cannot
possibly fit.  The seals came from M*ss and were made in the UK.  Any
ideas?  Has anybody experienced this before?  They suggested I do a bit
of research first, and if all else failed, they could cut the seals to
fit better and then glue them in place.  Thanks!

Adrian
http://www.midgetweb.com