Re: Dr. Evermor, paging Dr. N. Evermore

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Dr. Evermor, paging Dr. N. Evermore
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:34:38 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
At 08:34 PM 8/12/2001, Frank Clarici wrote:
>Ron Soave wrote:
> >  Check it out:
> > http://www.drevermor.org/
>Cool
>I wish I was there again this year for the drive.
>I hope Peter's sprite ran flawlessly.
>--
Frank, Ron, and List,
         Great time with Ron on Sunday. Pushing and thrashing the Sprite
was a gas. I couldn't get away from this red Miasma following me... but it
was fun trying. I finally figured out how to distance myself, though.
Gravel, son; Loose Gravel. It seems Wisconsin, in their dubious wisdom,
wants to help drivers keep their winter driving skills in tune by applying
loose pea gravel on all the twisty roads.) While sliding along in the
gravel in the Sprite just cleans off the oil underneath, the Rotus had to
hang back. The Sprite ran beautifully. I'm told that I exceeded 70 several
times. Speedo 0, Tach 49 ! I doubt Ron got to 6th. The fun is driving at or
near the limit of the car, not where that limit is, so much. Anyway, I was
pulling 7 Gs lateral, with my daughter asleep next to me. The sun was out,
the temp was pleasant, the birds were probably singing, and the wildlife
was scattering. I need a muffler.
         This morning, however, the Sprite, perhaps in protest, got me
about 3 miles toward work and enveloped me in blue smoke. Oil Pressure 50,
temp 170. OK, stop, open bonnet, check oil, OK, Water? OK. Turn around,
head home. Run sputtering, then goes good, then blue smoke. Check again,
all looks good. Repeat 3 more times. Car is home, I smell like an exhaust
gas analyzer. Guess I'll do a compression test tonight. Ron said I was
pushing a little smoke Sunday. Heck, I just thought my mirror's been cloudy
for the past month. Oh well. Should be a quick fix. A piston or 2 and some
rings, maybe a rod bearing, what the heck. I might even find the "mystery
rattle", Frank. I'm glad it didn't happen yesterday, and even gladder it
didn't happen before yesterday.
         Thanks Ron for a fun day.
         The GFT SPRT will terrorize again, soon!
         Peter C.