Crankshaft Pulley Bolt

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Crankshaft Pulley Bolt
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:46:02 -0500
Does anyone know if the crankshaft pulley bolt on a 1275 is accessible
without pulling the engine out of the car?
Is it possible by unbolting the engine and trans mounts that there is enough
leeway to raise the front of the motor without "losing" the driveshaft
engagement into the rear of the gearbox?

While on that topic: Mini-Mania sells a longer bolt with some hype about
thread engagement.  I've not heard of anyone having problems with inadequate
thread engagement using the stock bolt.  I'll bet Frank knows the answer for
me!

Thanks in advance.
-John