RE: State of British cars...

To: <conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: State of British cars...
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:44:32 -0700 m>
And can you belive I was actually contemplating using that engine in the 74
Midget project! Took some measurements and it's simply way too big. And
after watching that video I am kinda glad it doesnt fit! (fit correctly at
least) Twin turbo stright 6! Some guys have em pushing to 500hp with serious
modifictations. I have since humbly chosen a smaller 4 cly. An updated
version of the 1.6L 4age Toyota mid 80s corolla engine. It will be the 20
valve version (5 valves per cly) pushing 160hp stock. That should be plenty
:P More info on that project once the Sprite is back on the road in correct
form. First have to restore one, before hacking another. 1:1 ratio is good.

Toby
69 Sprite
69 Midget
74 Midget
71 Land Cruiser

  Ha! Try this in your fwd Volvo! :-) :-) :-)  (...or even your rwd
Spridget!)

    http://joe.thovo.com/CrazyVids/junsupra.mpeg
(automatically plays an .mpeg movie on your pc)
   Ed in NC

and for Cap'n Rob...
 ** "Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm
    to ask for what you want." -Joseph Wood Krutch