Re: 2 Re: Bonnet Release

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, gjbranch@mediaone.net, chuckc@attglobal.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2 Re: Bonnet Release
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:32:21 EDT
In a message dated 8/18/2001 5:23:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Daniel1312@aol.com writes:

> To be honest it must be several years ago that the bonnet release cable on
> my
> Sprite seized.  Ever since I have been reaching inside the wheel arch and
> tugging on the cable.  I have got so used to doing this I have never
> bothered
> to replace the cable.

I installed a 2nd bonnet release inside the left wheel arch, using a bonnet
cable pull out of a junked Midget.  It is not only handy for opening the
bonnet when I am outside the car, like at the Gasoline station, but it is a
backup to the original pull.  I would suggest this installation.

--DAvid C