Re: Alternator swap (update)

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alternator swap (update)
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 23:36:48 -0400
88 Suburu Justy (actually its a mitsibitchie). Its nice and tiny and seems
happy on the
motor. I was able to rework (bend and grind) the old adjustment arm to fit and
had to cut
one inch piece of 3/8 pipe to get the rear support hooked up to the alternator.
Took about
3
hours but some of that was spent drinking beer and petting the dog and
grinding. I am
getting
tired of grinding stuff. (beer helps here) Motor is not in the car yet just
hanging from
the
ceiling at a perfect height so it was pretty easy to work on. Only thing left,
and I hope
it
aint a problem, is to get a appropriate V-belt pulley. I checked at NAPA
yesterday and
they
have 100 page book full of pulleys so I don't think it will be a problem.

Thanks to all for the help. Hopefully I can get the motor in this week and fire
it up for
the
first time in 16 years.

Now on to the interior. Not looking forward to it. Well maybe I am, nothing to
grind
there.

I need a sandblaster.