Re: Extra thingies on the ignition system

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Extra thingies on the ignition system
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:02:00 -0400
> It's a ballast resistor and your particular coil should be designed to run
> with it.
>
> Daniel1312
>
> In a message dated 20/08/01 07:22:01 Pacific Daylight Time, mgagne@unc.edu
> writes:
>
> << One of these is what
> looks to be a porcelain-type resistor that is inserted in the lead from coil
> to distributor (b/w wire) and was bolted to one of the coil fasteners >>

Thanks for the info.  I thought about that, but figured that since it was
connected with those cheepo connectors that it wasn't originally there.

Looking through the VB catalog, I noticed that most of the new coils did not
mention needing a ballast resistor, though one (Mallory chrome one I think)
did.  I hate to be dense, but could someone enlighten me as to what their
purpose is?

Thanks,