Re: Yikes

To: kwall@teacher.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yikes
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 06:20:25 EDT
In a message dated 8/22/2001 11:39:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kwall@teacher.com writes:

> I'm a
> relatively new owner working with my dad but have been driving MG's in my
> dreams for years...I live in the tropics (almost) and recognize the Buffett
> reference - I feel I may be judged by more than my car and technical
> abilities
> here... :)  Think there may be a (pleasant?) learning curve involved... ;-)

A hearty welcome, Kirsty!!!   The learning curve is very gentle and pleasant
here. . .just watch Ed.  He might come out barking like a junk yard dog.  But
his tail is wagging all the while he is barking so you know he won't really
bite.  <G>  And if you have no objection to using a cat as a wheel chock, you
are in.  Seriously, this bunch gets dead serious when a lister is having a
problem and you can expect loads of support and information--even hard to
find parts by mail if you need them.  On occasion a group of them will meet
and have a rally, or a group might load up and meet at a lister's house to
work on their Spridget.  If you don't have a problem, expect to see a lot of
off-the-topic joviality passing through.  But BE SURE to add "No LBC" to the
subject line for off-topic stuff to avoid the admonishment of the "pure"
among our listers.

Have fun!  See Toby for a "Spridget" shirt and Gerald for a "Spridget"
sticker for your car and (perhaps) a Spridget key fob/luggage tag.

--David C.