Re : Clutch Bleeding - SUCCESS and more

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re : Clutch Bleeding - SUCCESS and more
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:19:26 -0400
Last night was a good night in the garage.
I don't have a mighty vac, but it's on my Christmas wish list w/ the wife and
kids

So I put heavy plastic film over the m/c and tightened the cap to keep all the
fluid from removing the rest of the paint from my garage floor.
I removed the clutch line from the s/c and the s/c from the tranny
raised everything above the level of the m/c and reconnected the line to the s/c
Since the interior is still gutted, I laid my creeper across the sill and tranny
tunnel to sit on.
You all know the routine - press the pedal, open the bleeder,  close the
bleeder, release the pedal  REPEAT

Well after about 6 times all the air was out and the pedal  was very firm
I reinstalled the s/c and WOW, the clutch actually disengages.

The whole process was less than 15 minutes.

Since I was already pretty nasty, I went ahead and bled the brakes all around,
but I had to recruit my wife to help
Not the happiest camper in the world, but she didn't complain too much

I still had a little time so I drained and refilled the tranny and rear diff.

If all goes well the test drive is scheduled for Saturday afternoon
It will be the first time this car has been on the road under it's own power in
15 years

Tommy
70B Daily driver
67 Sprite - almost a driver