Re: Converting to Right Hand Drive

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Converting to Right Hand Drive
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 02:16:48 EDT
In a message dated 8/24/01 9:09:10 PM, SDOliner@aol.com writes:

<< I am giving some serious thought to converting my Bugeye to Right Hand
Drive.
I think all I will need is a new dash (sort of working on that at the moment)
and figuring out a way of using the existing rack and pinion. The rest of it
seems to look like just moving the pedal box and some modification for the
throttle pedal cable. >>

Dave

The easy one first of course.  One of the guys in our club made a really nice
looking wooden dash out of a 1 X 8 or  1 X 10. He traced the shape and
instrument positions from the reverse of the stock dash.  Of course you could
make it a really easy project and trace the right side of the dash, leave the
car left hand  drive, and not have to make any tricky modifications or learn
to drive again.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)