Re: Air compressor - What to look for

To: Larry Dickstein <bugide@solve.net>, RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: Air compressor - What to look for
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 06:10:36 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com, samesq@postoffice.pacbell.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
--- Larry Dickstein <bugide@solve.net> wrote:

> the trash.  Eggs, for commercial purposes, come in
> big boxes w/ the "crate"
> separating the layers.  These egg carton things
> which are about 12" square can be
> stapled to the sheetrock wall to muffle the noise.

True.  If you want to get fancy for not a whole bunch
of money, call Tecnifoam in MN
(http://www.tecnifoam.com/), I use the stuff for
aircraft muffler material.  In a recent application a
12 inch muffler dropped an overall noise level from
130 dB to 90dB.

In FL, a good installation was in the attic over the
garage, with PVC tubing around the perimeter of the
garage with quick disconnects every few feet (those of
you who remember the Engine Nazi - he had the ultimate
setup similar to what I've described).  I plan on
putting mine in the basement here in IL and am able to
run the line into the garage from there.  Gotta help
out cold operation as well.

=====
Ron Soave

"It ain't women that kill a ballplayer.  It's stayin' up all night lookin' for
'em that does."
- Casey Stengel
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/