Re: My Fault Again!

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: My Fault Again!
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:30:51 -0700
Cc: mlupynec@globalserve.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
David,
     If it is any consolation there are about a dozen inserts that come
with the kit, so you can do a dozen repairs of that same size thread.
For that price you would think they would include a drill bit for the
tap.  The fixture tool that is used with the mandrel (the mandrel drives
the helicoil into the hole you just drilled an tapped) is not good for
any other size of Helicoil either.  You can also buy just the inserts
once you have the kit to keep on making repairs to 10/32 threads.  Not
sure, but bigger thread repair kits may cost more.
Mike MacLean Supercharged 60 Sprite